Last Updated on January 14, 2022 by Laura Ritterman
Throughout the last few decades, Amazon has become quite the powerhouse in nearly every commerce arena. Thanks to Amazon Prime, customers can get free shipping on their purchases with delivery as immediate as the day they place their order. Prime has certainly changed the online shopping game, but while buying things online is easier than ever, many people remain confused about how to return unwanted items to Amazon.
In this article we get to the bottom of the Amazon return policy and answer many of the most commonly asked questions about the process.
What Is Amazon’s Return Policy?
First things first. Let’s cover the basics of Amazon’s return policy.
Here are some of the key things to know about it:
For Items Sold and/or Fulfilled Directly By Amazon:
- Returns must be made within 30 days of the delivery date. This basically means that from the minute your delivery courier confirms that your package has been delivered, your 30 day countdown clock starts ticking.
- Returns are free. You don’t have to pay the shipping fees for returning items.*
- Full refund if the item is damaged, defective, or incorrect.
*in some cases
If you made an in-store purchase, the same rules apply except you will have to return to the store with the unopened product in perfect condition, provide a receipt, and you will not have to fill out a Return Request as you would for an online return.
|AMAZON RETURN POLICY|
|Return Period||30 Days|
|Return Method||Online or in-store|
|Exchange Period||30 Days|
|Exchange Method||Online or in-store|
|Refund Period||3-5 days – Credit Cards|
10 days – Debit Cards
|Refund Method||Original Method of Payment|
How To Return Amazon Products
If you purchased an item from Amazon but find that you need to return it for whatever reason follow these steps for successful returns.*
*Note: make sure you return the item within the 30 day time frame outlined above.
- From the Amazon homepage click on “Returns & Orders.” This will be in the upper right corner.
- This will take you to a page that lists all of your previous orders from Amazon. To the right of each order there will be several buttons. One of the buttons will say “Return or replace items.” Click it.
- This will take you to a new page with the item in question. There will be a check box next to the item. Click the check box so that a check mark appears.
- Then, on the same page, select a reason for your return from the drop down menu. Some reasons will require you to enter more information in a text box.
- Once this has been filled out, click the yellow “Continue” button. This will take you to a page that will ask if you would like to exchange the item for another item or simply receive a refund. Make your choice and click “Continue” again,
- This will take you to a return label on a new page that you can print out. This page will also prompt you to answer whether you want to drop off your item at a UPS store or schedule a package pickup. Please note that if the error/reason for return was Amazon’s fault, the pickup is free, but if it was your fault you will have to pay an additional fee for this service.
See Also: Do Amazon Price Match
How Strict Is The Amazon Return Policy?
The return policy is pretty strict. In certain cases they will allow you to return items after the allotted 30 days but in these cases there is often an additional fee (unless it is a specialty item with a longer return period).
Amazon Exchange Policy
When returning an item to Amazon you will be asked if you want to exchange it for another item or receive a refund. To exchange an item follow these steps:
- On the “Your Orders” page, click “Return or replace items” on the right of the item you are exchanging.
- Select the item you want to exchange and the reason for doing so. According to Amazon “an exchange order will be created with the same shipping speed that was used on your original item.”
- Print the return label and return your original item within 30 days to avoid paying for the original and the exchange item.
Please note that Amazon does not price match and this policy is only in regards to color or size exchanges. If your new item is more expensive than the previous you will have to pay the difference in price. If it is cheaper you will receive a refund for the difference.
Amazon Refund Policy
The Amazon refund policy is outlined in the “How To Return Amazon Products” section. Please refer back to it for further clarification.
Does Amazon Accept Returns After 30 Days?
In some cases you will still be able to return your product after 30 days but it will require a different process. For example you may be able to return your items to certain stores that accept Amazon returns for free.
What Items Cannot Be Returned To Amazon?
Some items that can’t be returned to Amazon include:
- Laptop & desktop computers; kindles — after 30 days
- Hazardous materials
- Items without UPC or serial numbers
- Downloadable software
- Online subscriptions once activated
- Gift cards
- Prepaid game cards
- Certain jewelry orders
- Certain personal care items
- Grocery products
- Opened software
- Items with shipping restrictions
- Live insects
Does Amazon Have Free Returns?
If Amazon is to blame for the return (e.g. they sent the wrong item) then the return is free. If you simply don’t like an item you have to pay to return it.
How Long Do Amazon Refunds Take?
This varies depending on your payment method. Credit cards take 3 – 5 business days and debit cards take up to 10 business days. See the full list of timelines on their website.
Can I Return Amazon Products After Use?
In most cases, yes. Some items cannot be returned after opening, though.
What Happens If Amazon Rejects A Return?
This doesn’t happen often but it can happen if you return too many items or Amazon thinks you are trying to scam them. We have never seen this but we suspect they will contact you if they reject your return.
What’s the Return Policy on Electronics?
Within 30 days of purchase, you can return electronics and computers to Amazon.
You will not be responsible for return shipping fees if the reason for the return is due to a defective product, an erroneous description, or the wrong item being received.
If the item is damaged due to overuse, missing parts, or unauthorized tampering, you may be charged a restocking fee.
Do Amazon Limit Customer Returns?
There is not a limit placed on how many times a customer can return items they have purchased. Providing you’re using their platform in a fair manor you won’t risk your account being banned.
See Also: Whoop Return Policy
Holiday Return Policy
In most cases items purchased between the dates of October 1st – December 31st can be returned right up until January 31st.
This provides a lot of flexibility knowing you can buy early and the receiver has the option to return the item if they wish. That’s Christmas sorted.
To Wrap It Up
The Amazon return policy is pretty easy and great. We hope this article was helpful and your return experiences go smoothly.