Last Updated on April 20, 2022 by Laura Ritterman
The return policy that Bath and Body Works has is extremely forgiving and generous compared to most brands. The only time they will not accept an item back is if it has been fully used. There is no timeframe that you need to return the item within.
If the product isn’t empty, you can return any purchase you’ve made, whenever you want, for whatever reason you want. So how do you go about making a return? This article will help you navigate the return process easier.
What Is The Bath and Body Works Return Policy?
The company are flexible and allow their customers to return their items anytime, no matter what the reason is. Therefore you can easily return your products for a full refund.
If you are unhappy with the quality of your products, you are able to return the item to any of the Bath & Body Works or White Barn stores in the United States for a full refund, subject to the provisions of the company return policy.
|Return timeline||No time limit|
|Return method||Mail, in-store|
|Exchange period||No time limit|
|Exchange method||Mail, in-store|
|Refund period||21 days|
|Refund method||Original form of payment|
What are the steps to making an online return with Bath and Body Works? You will need to have your order number or shipping confirmation ready. Then, just follow the following steps.
- Go to the Bath and Body Works website
- scroll to the bottom of the home page
- under the “customer care” section, click “Returns and Exchanges”
- Click “Online Purchase Return Options”
- Select the option that is appropriate for you
The option you click on will guide you through the steps from there. If you have had the items for over ninety days and you want a refund, it will be issued through a gift card.
If it has been less than ninety days, the funds will be refunded onto the payment method used when the item was purchased
If you purchased something online and wish to exchange it instead of receiving a refund, that is fine too. However, you cannot exchange purchases that are returned by mail. Online purchases can only be exchanged in-store.
How to exchange items instore
For both online and in-store purchases, the exchange process is the same, since you cannot exchange online that are returned by mail.
- Must be exchanged in the country that the original purchase took place
- Some stores in the US will require a government id
- Bring the product you wish to exchange into the store
- Exchange the product for one of equal value to the original purchase price
Yes, you can even exchange products that are mostly used at Bath and Body Works. The Products just can’t be empty.
So instead of exchanging an item say you just want your money back. This is also acceptable, and you can still return products that have been used under this policy if they are not empty. Empty products will not be accepted as a return.
- Need either a receipt or a confirmation email to prove purchase
- Gift cards over ten dollars cannot be redeemed for cash
- Refunds can only be issued in the country of original purchase
- Gift cards cannot be returned
- It May take up to 21 business days to process the refund
- Credit Card refunds will take between three to seven business days to process
- PayPal refunds may take anywhere from five to thirty business days to process
- If the item was purchased on sale, you will only receive the amount spent on the item back. You will not receive back more than you paid for the product.
What if I received a damaged item?
No matter what brand you order from, sometimes you may receive an item that is damaged before you even get the chance to use it. This could’ve happened while the product was made or while it was in transit. Here is the process to follow when you receive a damaged item from Bath and Body Works.
Damaged products take a higher priority to get resolved than undamaged product returns or other customer concerns. That is why Bath and Body Works wants customers to reach out directly if they receive a damaged or faulty product.
Steps to deal with receiving a damaged item
- Got to the Bath and Body Works website and scroll down to the bottom of the site
- Click “Chat with Us” and inform them of the problem
- You will be given the option to either replace your item or have a refund issued
- Contacting them this way will resolve your issue quicker than going through the regular refund process
- Contacting Bath and Body Works about your damaged item will put you higher on the priority list
- You may also exchange for an item of equal value if the original item is out of stock
- You may also call customer service if that is preferable to you. Their phone number is located on their website
Can you return gifts?
You may return gifts if you have a gift invoice. Proof of purchase is still required for all returns, even the return of gifts. Any gifts that are returned to a Bath and Body Works store without a gift invoice will depend on the policy of the specific store you are trying to return it to.
What if you don’t give someone the gift invoice?
If you are buying a gift for someone else and you want them to be able to return it if they want, make sure to include the gift invoice when you give them the item. Otherwise, they may be unable to return the product.
Some stores may still accept a return without the gift invoice, but they will base the refund or exchange amount on the lowest price the item has ever sold for. This is if they decide to accept the return at all.
Bath and Body Works had an extremely generous and forgiving return policy. Most companies will not accept items that are used like Bath and Body Works does. They have become well known for having such a generous return policy.
Whether you just don’t like the product or want to test out a different product in exchange for the one you already have, all you need is proof of purchase and your return will be accepted.
Most companies will also have a time frame that you must return the gift from the time you receive your product. Bath and Body Works will accept returns whenever you have your proof of purchase.