Do you love hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities? If so, Cabela’s price match & price adjustment policies should very much interest you. Did you know that Cabela’s is considered a leader among all things outdoor for many years already? Since their start in 1961, they focus on high-quality products as well as a great selection all while still being competitive in terms of pricing. If you come to this article, you for sure ask yourself questions like “Does Cabela’s price match?” or “Does Cabela’s price adjust?” – Without further ado, let’s get into the details.
Cabela’s Price Match Policy
Cabela’s believes that its customers (and the ones of their sister page Bass Pro Shop) should get the best prices possible. Their “Low Price Policy” boldly states “We won’t be undersold”. Furthermore, for their active club members, they will add an extra 5% discount on top. You heard that right, price match plus 5 percent extra!
What do you need to get your match?
Getting your match is easy if you stick to the following steps.
- Identify the product you want to match and double-check that all the conditions (see below) are met.
- Search for a store associate (aka Outfitter) and point out the lower price. Once verified (through either an ad, a website, or a phone call to the respective store) you can enjoy your discounted merchandise.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget to mention that you are a club member (if so) to receive an additional 5% off.
If you have ordered online, you can claim your refund by calling 1‑800‑227‑7776 or using the website’s live chat feature.
Conditions for Price Match
As with all the price matching out there, there are still some things to consider before you can enjoy your discount. Let’s have a look at what it takes to price match at Cabela’s
- Availability – The item you want to match needs to be available in both stores.
- Similarity – The product must be the same brand, same model, same size, and the same quantity. The same everything, that is!
- Distance – Cabela’s matches local retail competitors within 100 miles of the location you are currently shopping.
- Online – If you are comparing it with an online store, it must be from a list of approved “websites”. These are: Academy, Amazon, Backcountry, Brownells, Cheaper Than Dirt, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Field & Stream, Gander RV & Outdoors, L.L. Bean, Mack’s Prairie Wings, Midway USA, Optics Planet, REI, Scheels, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Tackle Warehouse or Walmart
It’s also worth mentioning that the “5% extra discount” is only applied when matching a 3rd party vendor. (Not Cabela’s and not Bass Pro Shop)
While having one of the most generous price-matching policies we have ever seen, there are still some exceptions that might apply. The most important ones are as follows.
- Quantity – Unless prohibited by law, Cabela’s reserves the right to limit the price match to two items per day and customer.
- Liquidation sales, clearance, or wholesale prices are not matched.
- Special offers/promotions such as (but not limited to) bundled offers, financing, free items with purchase, mail-in offers.
- Membership Clubs – Costco & SAMs Club for example
- Services – Price matching applies to physical goods only. No services!
- Locality – Comparisons across the US/Canadian border are not possible either.
The full policy can be found on the retailer’s website too.
Cabela’s Gift Card
Gift cards are one of the most popular presents for young & old. If you want to be sure to pick the “right” gift, make sure you get one of Cabela’s gift cards. Click the image below and choose between a digital or a plastic gift card and the amount of money you want on the card. In case you don’t like the standard look of the gift card – just choose from one of 15 different designs or upload your own.
Just click the image and you will be taken to our partner’s website (giftcards.com).
Cabela’s Price Adjustments
Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could get a discount even after we’ve made our purchase? Many stores nowadays do in fact allow to apply a coupon/discount even days later. In Cabela’s case, however, a retroactive price match is granted between Cabela’s and its sister Bass Pro Shop only.
To apply for such a partial refund, you have 7 days from the date of purchase.
Does Cabela's Price Match?
Yes, Cabela's price matches a wide range of its competitors' prices. If you find a cheaper product within 100miles of the store that you are currently shopping, they gladly mark down the price. If you also happen to be a club member, they will give you an additional 5% discount on top.
Does Cabela's Price Adjust?
Yes and No, Cabela's only matches prices with its sister store Bass Pro Shop. If you find that an item is cheaper within 7 days of your date of purchase, simply go back to the store or and talk to a representative. In case you ordered from their online store, you can contact a customer care rep on the phone or via online chat.
How can I get a Price Match?
You can get your price match 3 different ways. First, in person at the local store, second via the phone, and third, via the chat function on Cabela's website.
Does Cabela's match Amazon?
Yes, Cabela's matches Amazon prices.
Does Cabela's match Walmart?
Yes, Cabela's matches Walmart prices.
Shopping at Cabela’s is a true joy – not only because of their huge selection and gigantic stores but also because of their friendly staff and great products. When buying high-quality equipment it pays to know the rules around price matching and price adjustments even more. We hope that this article has addressed all those questions and you are now ready to benefit from them.