Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Laura Ritterman
So how do you go about returning a product to Calvin Klein? This article will walk you through the process step by step.
Table of Contents
Calvin Klein Return Policy
Calvin Klein has an easy-to-navigate 45 day return policy. Their return policy is standard as far as clothing brands go. Some items are not eligible to be returned, and no returns will be accepted forty-five days after the item is received by you.
|Return timeline||45 days|
|Return method||Mail, in-store|
|Exchange period||45 days|
|Exchange method||Mail, in-store|
|Refund period||14 business days|
|Refund method||Original payment method|
How to return an item to Calvin Klein
Calvin Klein allows you to make returns within fort five days either by shipping your return to them or by returning the product to one of their retail stores.
What items can be returned to Calvin Klein?
The first thing you need to do when returning an item to Calvin Klein is to figure out if your item is even eligible to be returned. Below is a list of items that can be returned.
- Unworn clothing
- Clothing with tags still attached
- Unwashed clothing
- Unused accessors
- Accessories with tags still attached
So, if all these things can be returned, what items are unable to be returned? These items will be seen in the section below.
What items cannot be returned to Calvin Klein?
Calvin Klein will not accept certain products for returns, even if it is within the forty-five-day window. The items that will not be accepted as a return are listed below.
- Custom items
- Items listed as “Final Sale”
- clothing that is worn beyond initial try on
- Items without tags attached
- items that have been washed
If you decide to purchase items from Calvin Klein, make sure to keep the tags attached when trying on the items. As soon as the tags are removed, you will not be able to return the product.
What if you receive your Calvin Klein items damaged?
If you receive damaged items from Calvin Klein, contact customer service right away. Damaged items will not be charged a processing or shipping fee. Customer service can be reached by:
- Calling the phone number listed on their website
- Sending an email
- Chatting with a representative live online
If you receive a damaged item from Calvin Klein, do not go through the standard return process. Always let customer service know, as this will put you higher on the priority list and you will not be charged to ship the items back to Calvin Klein.
Options for damaged items from Calvin Klein
If you receive a damaged item from Calvin Klein, you will be given three different options to mend the issue. The options are listed below.
- Receive a refund for the damaged product
- Receive a replacement for the damaged product
- Receive a store credit for the damaged product
You will not be compensated for more than the amount you spent on the damaged product.
Returns to Calvin Klein by mail
If you do not live close to a Calvin Klein retail store, you can still return your items through the mail. Follow the directions below to be walked through the return process.
- Find your order number
- Go to the Calvin Klein website and scroll to the bottom of the home page
- Look under the “Help” section and click on “Returns”
- Click “Start a Return”
The website will guide you through the rest and you will be sent a prepaid shipping label. The shipping and processing fee will be deducted from your refund amount.
Returns to Calvin Klein in store
If you do live close enough to a Calvin Klein retailer to return your items in-store, you will not be charged a processing fee. You may return online orders in-store too if you have your return slip.
- Bring in the items you wish to return with your proof of purchase
- Locate a Calvin Klein employee
- Explain that you would like to return your item
The employee will walk you through the rest of the process. This return method is quicker and cheaper than returning items by mail.
What if the custom item you ordered from Calvin Klein arrives damaged or wrong?
While normally Calvin Klein doesn’t accept returns for custom items, the exception to that rule is if they arrive damaged or incorrect. In this situation, you also will not be charged a return processing fee. However, if you entered the information wrong when you ordered the custom item then your item doesn’t qualify for a refund.
When can you expect a refund from Calvin Klein?
So, you’ve decided to return the item and would like the money refunded to your payment method. This process will take some time, so you will need to be patient. Below will explain the process your refund is going through
- Processing your refund will take up to fourteen days. The Calvin Klein team needs to look at your order and the items you’ve sent back to determine if you qualify for a refund.
- Once a decision is reached about if you will receive a refund or not, you will receive an email from Calvin Klein. Keep an eye on your email for a few weeks after you’ve sent back your items.
- If your refund gets approved, it can take up to three additional business days for the funds to appear in your account
- Keep in mind that Calvin Klein will deduct a $4.95 shipping and processing fee from your refund if the items were not incorrect or damaged
Calvin Klein’s return policy is like most large clothing brands. The policy leans just slightly on the generous side because Calvin Klein offers you a forty-five-day return window instead of a thirty-day return window. Most clothing companies require returns to be unworn, unwashed and still have the tags on.
The standards that Calvin Klein requires items to be returned line up with the standard most clothing retailers require. In-store returns are cheaper and more convenient than mail returns are. If you can return your items to a Calvin Klein retail store, that is the better option of the two. Returning items to Calvin Klein is easy as long as the return policy is followed.