Last Updated on February 13, 2022 by Laura Ritterman
Crate and Barrel has some great furniture. However, sometimes you purchase something, only to realize later on that it didn’t work in your home the way you wanted.
Keep reading to figure out exactly how Crate and Barrel’s policy works and what all can be returned or exchanged.
What is Crate and Barrel’s Return Policy?
Crate and Barrel allow refunds and exchanges, so long as you call within the first seven days after delivery. You still have 30 days to return the item, as long as you have communicated this with the company.
|Return Period||30 Days|
|Return Method||In-store or By Mail|
|Exchange Period||30 Days|
|Exchange Method||In-store or By Mail|
|Refund Period||7-10 Business Days|
|Refund Method||Original payment method|
Crate and Barrel have different return policy windows depending on the category they fall into. This also includes the items they have excluded within their policy.
|Furniture and Rugs||Must set up a return within 7 days 30 days to return Not eligible for online returns|
|Non-Furniture and Rug Items||Have 90 days to return|
|Store Samples||Not eligible for returns or exchanges Sold as-is|
|Basic Freight Items||Must set up a return within 7 days 30 days to return Not eligible for online returns|
|Custom Items||Not eligible for returns or exchanges|
|Botanicals||Not eligible for returns or exchanges|
How To Return a Crate and Barrel Item?
For Furniture, Rugs, and Basic Freight Items
- Call Crate and Barrel to arrange a return within 7 days of pick-up or delivery
- Return the item within 30 days of pick up or delivery
- Bring some form of proof of purchase
- Payment will be returned to the card the item was purchased with (for cash payments, you will receive up to the first $100 in cash and the rest mailed as a check)
For Non-Furniture Items In-Store Returns
- Bring the item to store within 90 days
- Item must be in good condition and unused and unwashed
- Show proof of purchase
- Money will be returned to whatever card you used to make the purchase (for cash payments, you will receive up to the first $100 in cash and the rest mailed as a check)
For Non-Furniture Items Online Returns
- Sign in to your online returns with your order number and ZIP code
- Select item to return
- Fill out the form on why you are returning the item
- Print out the FedEx shipping label
- Pack up item
- Drop off at FedEx store
- Track your return online
For online orders, you are in charge of return shipping. Unless the item was damaged or broken upon delivery, Crate and Barrel will not pay or return money for any shipping costs.
Can You Return an Online Purchase to the Store?
Yes, online items can be returned to the store as long as you have proof of purchase.
How strict is the Crate and Barrel Return Policy?
Crate and Barrel’s return policy is very strict.
However, Crate and Barrel will try to work with you on proof of purchase. Even if you don’t have a receipt, they will take almost any proof of purchase, or try and look it up for you.
Crate and Barrel Exchange Policy
Crate and Barrel’s exchange policy is the same as their return policy.
- For non-furniture items, you have 90 days to exchange an item and must provide proof of purchase unless you want to exchange for the same item.
- For furniture, rugs, and basic freight items, you have 7 days to make a call to request a return. The item must then be returned within 30 days of delivery or pick-up for an exchange. Proof of purchase is required.
Crate and Barrel Refund Policy
Crate and Barrel’s refund policy is the same as their return policy.
- For non-furniture items, you have 90 days to exchange an item and must provide proof of purchase.
- For furniture, rugs, and basic freight items, you have 7 days to make a call to request a return. The item must then be returned within 30 days of delivery or pick-up for a refund. Proof of purchase is required.
For returns, money will be returned the same way you made the purchase. If the item was paid for in cash, up to the first $100 will be returned to you immediately. After that, the rest will be sent to you via check.
Does Crate and Barrel Take Returns Without a Receipt?
Crate and Barrel require some proof of purchase for a return. If you only want an exchange for the exact same item, you may not need a receipt. However, to exchange for a different item or to get a return, some proof of purchase is required.
Almost anything can be used as proof of purchase:
- Original receipt
- Gift receipt
- Original packing slip
- Gift packing slip
- Order number
- Gift registry number
- Email address used to receive the e-receipt
- Crate and Barrel Credit Card
- Major credit card used to make the purchase.
Does Crate and Barrel Accept Returns After 30 Days?
If the item was a non-furniture item, it can be returned for up to 90 days.
For furniture, rugs, and basic freight items, they must be returned within 30 days, and only after making a call to return the item within the first 7 days.
What Items Cannot be Returned to Crate and Barrel?
Gift cards, customized items, and botanical items all cannot be returned to Crate and Barrel. Cut yardage is also a final sale and cannot be returned.
Items that were floor samples, or items that were worn, washed, or not in good condition are not eligible for returns. Also, any items purchased during a final sale are unable to be returned.
How Long Do Crate and Barrel Refunds Take?
For credit cards, the amount can take 1-3 days to hit your credit card after the item has been successfully returned to Crate and Barrel. For cash, you will receive the first $100 immediately. For the check, they will send it by mail, which can take roughly up to a week, depending on the speed of the post office.
Does Crate and Barrel Give Full Refunds?
Crate and Barrel does not give any refunds for shipping or delivery fees. They will pay you back the full cost of the item you purchased.
Can I Return a Crate and Barrel Product After Use?
If non-furniture items have been worn or washed, they are not eligible for returns. The Crate and Barrel website doesn’t state anything about furniture, we would assume that as long as they are still in great condition, they can be returned.
How long is the Crate & Barrel return window?
Customers have 30 days to return to their store.
Crate and Barrel’s return policy is relatively straightforward. Larger items like furniture and rugs cannot be returned online, and instead only sent into the store.
For these large items, you must also call customer service within the first 7 days after delivery and return within the first 30 days to get a full refund.
For other items, you have 90 days to return the item for a full refund.
Leave a Reply