Last Updated on January 28, 2022 by Laura Ritterman
It may be one of the world’s largest online retailers, but does eBay have a price match guarantee? And if it does what are rules behind it? Don’t worry we have got you covered. Here is a simple guide to help you get the most out of eBay’s price match policy.
eBay does have its own version of a price match policy, known as the Best Price Guarantee. Unlike other retailers, eBay has an approved list of competitors that includes Amazon and Target.
The Best Price Guarantee only extends to brand new items or manufacturer refurbished deals and items with the Best Price Guarantee symbol. If your price match is verified, eBay will gift you a voucher that is 110% of the difference.
Table of Contents
Does eBay Price Match?
Yes, indeed, eBay does have a price match policy. Referred to as Best Price Guarantee, eBay’s price match policy offers to match any price of its approved competitors. If you can find a better price within 48 hours, eBay will cover 110% of the difference.
What is eBay’s Price Adjustment Policy in 2022?
While eBay does have a price match policy, it does not have any policy regarding price adjustment. Nothing on their website states that they will reimburse customers if a product is placed on sale at a lower price after purchase.
Can Items on Sale be Price Adjusted at eBay?
Unfortunately not. With eBay having no price adjustment policy, they do not offer any form of price adjustments on sale items either.
See Also: Ebay Return Policy
What Products are Included Under the Price Match Policy?
Price match policies always come with a list of rules and exemptions, eBay’s Best Price Guarantee is no different. The list of products that are eligible for the Best Price Guarantee is as follows.
- Brand new items
- Unopened products that display the Best Price Guarantee symbol
- eBay daily deals items
- Manufacturer refurbished items seen on the deals page (product must come directly from their retailer or brand.)
As part of their Best Price Guarantee, eBay declares that the following items are exempt from their price match policy.
- Used, seller refurbished, and non-packed retail products.
- New or manufacturer refurbished items not found in eBay’s daily deals or do not display the Best Price Guarantee symbol.
- Products from outside of eBay’s list of approved competitors
- Products that fit into the following categories
- Gift cards, coupons, and gift certificates.
- Physical forms of money, including coins and paper money.
- Virtual currencies, e.g., bitcoin, dogecoin, and other forms of cryptocurrency
- Items considered to be bullion e.g., precious metals such as gold silver in their various forms (ingots coins and bars).
- Real estate
- Motors (except parts and accessories)
Ensure that the product you wish to return fits within the above criteria, and it will be eligible for eBay’s Best Price Guarantee.
Does eBay Price Match Amazon?
Yes, eBay will price match Amazon and they are listed as one of eBay’s approved competitors. However, there are exceptions.
With Amazon being a third-party marketplace, there are many products that Amazon does not sell directly. eBay does not price match any products on the Amazon website sold by third-party sellers.
Any refurbished items from Amazon must be a first-party product. These items have to come directly from the brand or manufacturer.
Additionally, eBay will not price match Amazon prices that are applicable after the inclusion of rebates, free offers, coupons, or specific one-time-only promotions. Nor will they accept prices based on specific offers, including bundled pricing, volume, or lot discounts.
eBay also does not price match any Amazon purchases made during the week of Thanksgiving or Cyber Monday (the week following Thanksgiving).
Like any of other competitors, Amazon’s items must follow the guidelines relating to eBay’s approved items list.
Ensure that the product you wish to return fits with the above-listed criteria to be eligible for eBay’s Best Price Guarantee.
Does eBay Price Match Target?
Much like Amazon, Target is also found on eBay’s list of approved competitors that are price matched. As a result the same terms and conditions apply to Target prices.
eBay will not price match Target prices that are applicable after the inclusion of rebates, free offers, coupons, or specific one-time-only promotions. Nor will they accept prices that are based on specific offers, these include, bundled pricing, volume, or lot discounts.
eBay also does not price match any Target purchases made during the week of Thanksgiving or Cyber Monday (the week folllowing Thanksgiving)
Like any of other competitors, Target’s items must follow the guidelines relating to eBay’s approved items list.
Ensure that the product you wish to return fits with the above-listed criteria in order to be eligible for eBay’s Best Price Guarantee.
What is eBay Best Price Guarantee?
eBay’s Best Price Guarantee promises to match any price of their approved competitors. 48 hours after your purchase, eBay will cover the 110% of the difference.
To make a claim, you must first contact eBay’s customer service team. Upon doing so, a customer service team member will verify your claim by making sure it fits the terms and conditions of eBay’s price match policy.
To be eligible to meet eBay’s Best Price Guarantee, you must:
- The item in question must be identical and in stock.
- Price match claim must be submitted within 48 hours of purchase.
- You are a resident of the United States.
- Item must have been purchased from one of eBay’s approved competitors, which include Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, HomeDepot.com, Jet.com, Sears.com, Target.com, Walmart.com, or Wayfair.com.
- Products fit eBay’s list of approved products.
- The price difference of the product does not exceed the lesser of $500 or 50% of the item’s advertised price.
If your claim fits the criteria, it will be approved, and you will receive a 110% of the difference in the form of an eBay coupon. The coupon expires 30 days after issue.
Follow these tips, and you will have no problem getting that the bargain you deserve.
Be sure to make sure that the offer you have found fits all of eBay’s listed criteria. Failure to do so will result in not only a failed claim but is a waste of your time and effort.
Use all the information outlined in this article to take full advantage of the eBay Best Price Guarantee.