Last Updated on January 10, 2022 by Laura Ritterman
Hilton price matches via a program called the Price Match Guarantee. The way this program works is that if you’ve made your booking through an official Hilton channel but find a lower price elsewhere, Hilton will match it and give you a further 25% off for the duration of your stay.
In the rest of the article, we’re going to look at some frequently asked questions about Hilton’s Price Match Guarantee.
Does Hilton Have A Price Adjustment Policy?
The benefit for the customer from Hilton’s Price Match Guarantee is split into two separate price changes. The first adjustment to the price is made to match the lower price that you’ve found, reducing it from the original amount you were quoted by Hilton. Once this adjustment is made, a further adjustment is done in the form of a 25% reduction.
How Hilton’s Price Match Guarantee Works
For a claim to be valid for Hilton’s Price Match Guarantee, you must either submit it before making your booking or within 24 hours after you’ve made your booking.
The booking that you would have been making – and the higher price you’re looking at – needs to be from one of the official Hilton booking channels. These channels are:
- Any Hilton website
- Any Hilton call center
- The Hilton Honors app
- At a Hilton hotel
- Through what Hilton defines as an Accredited Travel Agent
Accredited Travel Agent
Hilton does have very specific criteria for what qualifies as an Accredited Travel Agent. To be accepted, the agent has to be accredited by a travel organization or association, including IATA, TIDS, ARC, TSI, CLIA, ERSP, SATO, and TRUE. Online travel agencies, most notably, are not accredited for the purpose of the Price Match Guarantee.
The Lower Price
The lower price must also qualify under the following four criteria:
- It has to be lower than the official Hilton price.
- It must not be an offer on a different official Hilton channel to the one with the higher price.
- It must be for the exact same accommodations and under the same terms.
- It must be available to book with no limitations or restrictions. Private deals, exclusive clubs, and package deals don’t count. The offer has to be accessible to and bookable by anyone.
Hilton gives multiple examples of this last criterion, including:
- Websites that conceal information about the booking and only reveal it once it’s complete. Common concealed information includes but is not limited to the location of the hotel, the type of room, and the brand of hotel.
- Websites that do not provide immediate confirmation once the reservation is made.
- Prices linked to specific memberships. This includes external clubs or groups, but it also includes prices internal to Hilton, such as team member rates.
- Websites that require users to login or provide a code or a credit card number to view the prices.
- Websites where a user cannot actually make the booking. For example, advertisements without an actual booking function.
- Websites that resell real reservations initially made in another customer’s name without authorization.
If you match these criteria, you can submit your claim for the Price Match Guarantee, which will adjust your price down to the lower price found and knock another 25% off as well.
See Also: Expedia Price Match
Are There Any Exceptions?
In addition to the general eligibility criteria above, there is an additional exception for Hampton by Hilton hotels within the People’s Republic of China. The offer is also void in any jurisdiction where it’s prohibited by law.
How To Get Hilton Price Match
There are two ways to submit a claim for the Hilton Price Match Guarantee. You can do it online or by phone, but there are certain situations where you can only use one of the methods.
Restrictions to Methods
If you are either on the day of your arrival or the day before your arrival, you can only submit your claim by phone. On the other hand, if your claim involves a third-party mobile app, then you can only submit your claim using the online method.
To submit a claim online, go to the dedicated page on the Hilton website for Price Match Guarantee claims. If you already have a reservation, you will need to enter your confirmation number, last name, and arrival date to begin the claim. If you have not yet made your reservation, you can proceed without these details.
You will then be asked for all information you have about the lower price that you’ve found, including, for example, the URL of the website or screenshots from the mobile app. Hilton will then aim to verify your claim within 24 hours, giving you another 24 hours to confirm or decline the tentative reservation. Note that this is subject to cancellation if you don’t reply within this timeframe.
If you’re going to use the phone method, you can call directly on 1-800-445-8667 within America, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. If you’re not within these regions, you can find a local number from Hilton’s help page. You will be asked for much of the same information as with the online process, so have that handy when you call.
See Also: Does Ashley Furniture Price Match?
We’ve learned that Hilton practices price matching with their Price Match Guarantee policy, where if you find a lower price, you can get your price adjusted to that lower price as well as have a further 25% taken off for the duration of your stay. Always remember to check that the conditions are met before you claim online or by phone.
Leave a Reply