Last Updated on December 27, 2021 by Laura Ritterman
In what way does knowing Michaels’ price match guarantee help you? How can you use it to successfully claim your refund? While you have been asking yourself all those questions, our team went to work and through the fine-print. Gone are the days of not getting the best deal or avoiding to compare prices because you are afraid of overpaying. This article has everything you need to know to maximize your savings while applying Michaels’ price match policy. If you are interested in saving an extra 10% on top of your price match – keep reading.
Table of Contents
In-Store Price Match Guarantee at Michaels
Michaels “In-Store Price Guarantee” states that “If you find a current, lower price on an identical item from a brick-and-mortar retailer… we will match that price, and then beat it by 10%”
A price match usually takes place when a particular product is cheaper at a competitor’s store. The price difference between those two items can then be claimed before you go through the checkout which saves you money. Michaels does match the prices of brick and mortar stores as long as the following conditions are met.
- Identically – The item at Michaels must be identical to the competitor’s item.
- Availability – The item must be available (in-stock) for immediate pick-up.
- Michaels does match its prices with a competitor’s online price index.
- In case you already bought the product at a Michaels store and find a lower price at a competitor store. Then also Michaels provides the facility to price match.
Guidelines to In-store Price Match
Now that we found out when a price match will be granted, let’s talk about the specific steps you need to take to successfully claim it. Then that’s when Michaels offers you the opportunity to price match for that identical product. In order to attain the same, just keep this information handy.
- Provide the store associate with the advertisement that shows the lower price you want to match.
- Make sure you double-check that the item is really identical. This includes the brand, the model, the color as well as size.
- Be sure that the item is immediately available at the competing store. Custom orders or out-of-stock items do not qualify.
Guidelines for In-store Price Adjustment
Price Adjustments take place when a recently purchased item is reduced in price. If you find that an item you bought has been marked down from its original price, simply go back to the store within 7 days and ask for an adjustment. The associate will check the original receipt and might verify the advertised price before issuing a partial refund.
Online Price Match Guarantee at Michaels
Not only does Michaels match in-store with in-store prices but also with their online competitors. In case you discover that the item you bought at Michaels’s official webpage is now available for less, you might be able to get a partial refund as well as an extra 10% discount on top of that.
Just like with a traditional store, you got a window of exactly 7 days from the time of purchase to claim your price match. In case of an online order, please get in touch with the customer care team by phone at 1-800-642-4235.
Note: Stores can not help you with the price adjustment of online orders.
Guidelines for Online Price Match
If you find the price difference of an identical item in any of Michaels competitor firms’ online websites or their own online platform, then also price match can take place. Just observe the following information in order to claim the same.
- The item must stand identical in all its required specifications like color, size, brand, weight, etc.
- Proof – Present valid proof (website, email ad, …) of the price difference must be provided so as to verify your request for a price match for that particular online purchase.
- Again, the product availability factor matters to the price match. Hence no price match will take place unless ample stock of that particular item is available.
- Frequency – You can only get one price adjustment per day and customer.
Eligible Online Retailers
Not all online retailers are eligible for price matching. We’ve put together a list of the ones that definitely are. Acmoore.com, Amazon.com, Athome.com, Babiesrus.com, Benfranklinonline.com, Cricut.com, CVS.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Hobbylobby.com, Homedepot.com, Joann.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Officedepot.com, Partycity.com, Riteaid.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Walmart.com, Walgreens.com
See Also: Lowes price policies
Even though Michaels provides a very generous price match policy, there are still some exceptions that tend to stand in your way.
- Special Sales – Merchandise available due to special circumstances, such as clearance, liquidation, used, open package, or similar are not eligible.
- Availability – Items that are out-of-stock can not be used for price matching.
- Public Holidays – Items bought during public days like Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and such are generally excluded from price matching/adjustment.
- Discounts – Items bought inclusive of special offers, discounts, coupons, etc. will likewise hold for price matching.
- Fees & Taxes – Only the item’s price itself is considered when price matching. Extra fees like delivery, service charges, or taxes are not.
- Pricing errors – Items that are priced erroneously are excluded from price matching/adjustments too.
- Frequency – The online store reserves the right to limit the number of price adjustments per customer per day to one.
- Resellers – Products sold by 3rd party sellers on Amazon, eBay, or Walmart aren’t eligible either.
- Membership Stores – Places that require a membership to get a certain price like Costco, or Sam’s Club do not qualify for price matching & price adjustment.
If you are interested in the full coupon & price guarantee policy over at Michaels please check out this link.
COMPETITOR COUPON POLICY
Update: Michaels stopped accepting their competitors’ coupons on 3/27/2020.
Michaels also provides a special facility to match the competitor’s price coupons available with the product. The price coupons considered only stand for eligible competitor firms that were listed earlier. Normally it’s digital or hardcopy, both stand eligible for this particular process of price matching. But for this special provision too there stands a few exceptions. Competitors’ coupons will not be get accepted if: A coupon exceeded its expiry date. Also, if the same nature of coupon available at Michaels gets redeemed, then the competitor coupon won’t stand a chance against it. Gift card coupons available on purchase Various other usual exclusion applies to Michael’s coupon policy.
Does Michaels Do Price Match?
Yes, Michaels does offer price matching for in-store and online competitors as long as the products are identical and readily available.
Does Michaels Do Price Adjustment?
Yes, Michaels does offer price adjustments for up to 7 days after the date of purchase.
How Much Time Do I Have For A Price Adjustment?
You have 7 days to claim your price adjustment starting from the date of purchase.
Does Michaels Price Match Amazon?
Yes, Michaels matches Amazon prices.
Does Michaels Accept Competitors Coupons?
No, Michaels does no longer accept their competitors' coupons. They stopped accepting them on 3/27/2020.
How Can I Reach Michaels Customer Care?
You can reach Michaels customer care team at 1-800-642-4235.
To Sum Up
Michaels is one of the biggest names in the arts & craft sector in the US and provides a huge inventory to chose from. What is even better is that they allow price matching as well as price adjustments for past purchases. Not online for their brick-and-mortar stores but also for their website. As if that would not be enough already, they also commit to a 10% extra discount if you ever get to find any of their products cheaper elsewhere.
It’s the 10% extra that really sets them apart from the competitors. As always, we hope that you liked our store review. Please tell us about your own experience in the comment section below or drop us a message if something is missing/incomplete.