Price matching is when a store allows you to get an item at the price that another retailer is selling it for. It is a great way to get discounts, and the convenience of having the item in your hand at the price that you would otherwise have to wait for.
Best Buy is a big box retailer of consumer electronics. It does, in fact, price match several other retailers. But there are a few caveats.
Does Best Buy Price Match?
Yes Best Buy will price match within 15 days of purchase, providing the competitor item is identical and is within a 25 mile radius of their store. For example, Best Buy will not price match a printer sold at Costco to a printer at Best Buy if the printers do not have the exact same model number.
Additionally, Best Buy’s Price Match Guarantee policy states that stores they will price match have to be a local retail competitor, or a competitor that only has online storefronts.
This does mean that certain retailers like Target and Walmart only qualify for Best Buy’s Price Match Guarantee if they constitute as a local competitor, which means that they must be within a 25 mile radius.
Best Buy provides you 15 days after you purchase a product to price match. If you find any change in the price which is lower than the purchased product at the competitor’s store or online then you can request for Price Match.
Does Best Buy Match Price after Purchasing?
Best Buy will price match even after the item has been purchased provided that the request for price matching is done within the return period.
For most products this means fifteen days. If a customer is an Elite Member with Best Buy, they can have 30 days for returns. Elite Plus Members at Best Buy get 45 days.
However, cellphones, tablets, and wearables are limited to 14 days regardless of member status. And major appliances are similarly limited to 15 days.
Nevertheless, if the item goes on sale within the return period at either Best Buy itself or a local competitor, you can usually always get the cheaper price after talking to a Best Buy employee.
Does Best Buy Price Match In-Store?
Price matching in store is simple and easy. You find the qualifying product, which means it must be new and identical to the competitor’s product. Then you go to an employee with proof of lower price elsewhere.
The lower price must, of course, still be in effect, and it must be a qualifying competitor.
Does Best Buy Price Match Target?
Target is a different class of retailer than Best Buy is because Target sells food and clothing while Best Buy does not. Therefore for Best Buy to price match Target, the Target must be within 25 miles of the Best Buy for price matching.
Best Buy will not match prices to target.com. If the item is sold out of a local Target, you may use Target’s website to pull prices. But the item must be able to be picked up from that Target for the price match guarantee to apply.
Does Best Buy Price Match Amazon?
Amazon is certainly covered under Best Buy’s Price Match Guarantee. Amazon is known for having great deals and prices. But so long as the item is sold and shipped by Amazon, Best Buy will price match.
Does Best Buy Price Match Samsung?
Yes Best Buy will price match Samsung, however you will need to do this within 14 days regardless of member status.
Does Best Buy Price Match Walmart?
Similar to Target, if a Walmart is within 25 miles of a Best Buy, it counts as a local competitor. Therefore, anything sold at a local Walmart that is an identical item to one sold at Best Buy is eligible for the Price Match Guarantee.
Items sold at Walmart.com must be shipped and sold from Walmart and may not be from a third party seller to qualify.
Does Best Buy Price Match Costco?
Yes Best Buy will price match Costco providing it is within 25 miles of the Best Buy and the item must be identical. It is best to bring in a copy of Costco’s ad into Best Buy for price verification.
This also works for items sold at Costco.com, provided you have the ad. It can be difficult to price match stuff from Costco at bestbuy.com so it might just be more convenient to go in person to the store.
Another exception to price matching with Costco, is that Best Buy will not do a price match after purchase. With Costco specifically, all price matches must be done at the time of purchase. This is likely because Costco is a wholesaler and also requires customers to be members with Costco.
How To Price Match at Best Buy
If you are in the store, bring the item up to the checkout with proof of the item being cheaper elsewhere. This can be as simple as showing the cashier the Amazon page, but it could also be an advertisement from Target or Walmart. The cashier can then price match the item.
If you purchased the item online and find proof of a lower price within the valid return period, you can call 1-888-BEST-BUY or use the bestbuy.com online chat to receive a reimbursement.
The same goes for if you purchased the item at Best Buy and found proof of a lower price within the return period. Bring your receipt and proof of lower price to get reimbursed.
- When you purchase the product or in between return and exchange period, Price Match request can be made.
- Price match for the product purchased from BestBuy.com can be processed via Online chat or on call.
- Give the proof about the lower price of the identical product and that is still available.
- After verifying your purchase details BestBuy the associate will agree for the Price Match.
- Provide Proof of Price: You can show the competitor’s current ad about the lower price. Best Buy will reverify your information.
- Make a request for Price Match to Best Buy and wait for your refund.
- Here shipping/delivery charges are excluded from the Price comparison.
- Lastly, for In-Stores purchases, you can Contact at the service desk, and claim for a refund by showing them the Original Receipt.
Rules & Exclusions
Here is the basic summary of rules for Best Buy’s Price Match Guarantee:
- Best Buy will price match to bestbuy.com
- Best Buy will also price match to themselves if an item goes on sale during the return period, but only upon request
- Best Buy will price match to competitors within a 25 mile radius
- Best Buy will price match to amazon.com and other online only retailers
- However, this means that the item must be sold and shipped by Amazon and is not from a third-party seller
- The Price Match Guarantee also works for manufacturers websites such as dell.com and hp.com
- Best Buy will price match websites such as target.com or Walmart.com with certain additional rules:
- Items at target.com must be available locally
- Items at Walmart.com must be sold and shipped by Walmart and not come from third party sellers
- Items cannot be price matched if they are listed under certain sales at other retailers such as hourly sails or special daily sales
- This also applies to Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals at other stores
- Best Buy will also not price match competitors’ coupons
- Best Buy does not price match any Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales at all, even with themselves
- Customer must present proof of the lower price seen elsewhere
- Price matching does not apply to open box and clearance items
- Items must be the same brand, model, and style
- Items must be in stock at both Best Buy and the competing retailer
- Price Matching does not apply to financing offers, bundles, subscription services, or pricing errors
Best Buy Price Adjustment Policy
You can get a partial refund on the products you purchased from Best Buy if its price reduces. Best Buy Adjustment Policy has set a limit for you to claim for a partial refund within 15 days if you spot any reductions in the price at Best Buy stores or on BestBuy.com.
To Price adjust your product, visit the store and carry your receipt to get the lower price.
Price Adjustment for online purchases require you to call 1-888-237-8289 and request for a partial refund.
There is always a scheduled delivery date for the product to be delivered to your door. However, as per Best Buy’s Price Adjustment Policy, if the price drops before it’s delivered to you at the scheduled date, then you will get the refund of the difference including tax.
Related: Does Lowes Price Match
Does Best Buy Price Match?
Yes, Best Buy will price match, providing the competitor item is identical and is within a 25 mile radius of their store.
How many days do I have to price match?
They provide 15 days after you purchase a product.
Does Best Buy Price Adjust?
Yes, Best Buy does offer price adjustments for up to 15 days after the date of purchase.
How can I reach the Customer Care Center
You can call them at 1-888-237-8289 or send them a message through the contact section on bestbuy.com
While it may seem like a lot of rules and exemptions to keep track of, the policies for price matching at Best Buy are overall fairly generous and make sense when you get familiar with them.
Yes there are a few odd exceptions when it comes to online stores, but in general, if the item is sold and shipped by the competitor at a cheaper price, Best Buy will price match it.