In what way is the price match policy of Fred Meyer beneficial? How can you use it to claim your refund? Are you uncertain as to how it all works? Keep on reading if you want to know the answers to all these questions. We’ve gone through the fine-print and uncovered some juicy details about the Fred Meyer price match policy.
Usually, price matching is quite simple (read this if you want to know more) – It basically means that you compare the current price of an item with the sales price of another merchant. This normally works when you find out that an identical product with two different prices is available at different stores.
Similar but not exactly the same is the “price adjustment” – To gain from a price adjustment, the price of an item must be lowered within a certain timeframe after you’ve already purchased it.
Guide To Fred Meyer Price Match Policy
As stated above, Fred Meyer provides both, the facility of price matching as well as the facility of price adjustment. Its pricing policy provides distinct price match features so as to satisfy you and maintain its current customer base.
Here’s a simple guide on how you can easily use these policy reforms to get the desired amount of difference on a product.
There are cases when you find that the item you intend to buy from Fred Meyer, is sold at a comparatively lower price at its competitor stores. Then there’s also the case where the price of the product you just purchased is lowered some days after at the very store you bought it from. It is important to mention that price adjustments are only granted on the basis of price reductions at Fred Meyer (and not its competitors).
If you are lucky (or unlucky) enough to find yourself in one of the situations described above, you might be eligible for either a reduction in price or an outright refund on the difference. Price matches at Fred Meyer are always reviewed by its associates – so make sure you know the process and its mandatory rules before you get started.
Let’s check what these rules are and which conditions you need to fulfill in order to be successful.
The Criterion of Price Match
Before we jump right into the procedure of price match, let me make sure you understand the basic principles of price matching. Fred Meyer’s price match policy contains a few things that you need to keep in mind.
- In the case of price match, Fred Meyer will only match its prices with its national competitors. National means US-based in this case.
- The item you like to claim must be an exact match – This includes, but is not limited to, color, size, shape, and for the most part, also the model number.
- Finally, the most important factor is the stock availability of the desired item. Item price match and adjustment won’t happen if there is a lack in the stock of that particular product.
Method to Price Match
The process of price matching requires a few important steps that you need to follow.
- First, find the product of your liking at a lower price at one of the accepted competitors.
- Present evidence – Evidence can be on a website, a flyer, or even a photo of a billboard. Anything that the store associate believes is credible will do.
- Give a copy of the advertisement you saw in the competitor store featuring the identical product.
- The ad must contain the accurate sale price of the item you wish to price match.
- Present the bill of the purchased item done from the respective store or site.
Fred Meyer reserves the right to cross-check your claim before approving or denying your request.
Price Adjustment Policy At Fred Meyer
Price Adjustment usually deals with cases of price matching done for products that are on sale online. But you already purchase it from its outlet or stores, then in such events, you can easily claim for the amount difference available.
Your item must fall under this certain criterion, by which you can apply for the same.
- It depends if you bought the item at its original value or got a discount on a sale.
- Timing – The purchase did happen within 30-days of your claim.
- Receipt – You are required to present the original receipt of the purchased item.
- After the verification process of your claim, Fred Meyer will refund the difference amount of benefit.
A time span of about 30 days from the date of purchase acts as the main factor in applying for the price adjustment for a product. The reimbursement will only take place once the verification of the product and authentication of your claim stands eligible.
As is the case with almost all retailers offering price match & price adjustments, there are a number of exceptions that one has to keep in mind. So as to fulfill the desired agenda properly. Hence here are a few of the exceptions mentioned below.
- Items in one of the following categories: Food, Pet, Laundry Care, Cleaning, Paper Products, Natural Choices, Candy, Adult Beverage, Tobacco, Health & Beauty Care, Pharmacy, Books & Magazines. The Greeting Card departments, Fred Meyer Jewelers, Fuel Centers, or Seasonal Merchandise are excluded as well.
- Merchandise shipped from or sold by a 3rd party seller on retailer websites.
- Limited quantity, out-of-stock, refurbished, out-of-box, discontinued as well as clearance offers.
- Loyalty offers, membership prices, or warehouse stores.
- In case of price adjustment, the policy of one item one price refund per customer notions importance and significance.
- Identical items available during special hour clearance or sale at a competitor’s store or website.
- Pricing errors made by the competitors also do not count for that particular item’s price match.
- Items advertised during Thanksgiving and the week thereafter.
The full list of details can be found on Fred Meyer’s own explainer page.
Fred Meyer Covid-19 Restrictive Policy
Fred Meyer, like so many others, temporarily adjusted some of their usual in-store guidelines because of Covid-19. They opened the store back after the guidelines with proper precautions. They started one side entrance and exit for reducing the amount of traffic. Here are some precautions that were taken at the store.
- Sanitization of the store is done throughout the day.
- Customers must maintain social distancing.
- Added plexiglass barrier at the register.
- Face covering masks are compulsory for all.
- Dedicated shopping hours for senior citizens.
- The number of customers was limited.
Yes, Fred Meyer matches in-store as well as online competitor's prices. Yes, You have 30 days from the date of purchase to claim your price adjustment. Simply call 1-800-KRO-GERS (1-800-576-4377) Any local competitor store located within a 20-mile radius of participating Fred Meyer locations. Yes, they match all major online competitor's prices.
Does Fred Meyer price match?
Does Fred Meyer offer price adjustment?
How much time do I have for a price adjustment?
How can I reach the customer care team?
What are the local competitors?
Does Fred Meyer match online competitor's prices?
Yes, Fred Meyer matches in-store as well as online competitor's prices.
You have 30 days from the date of purchase to claim your price adjustment.
Simply call 1-800-KRO-GERS (1-800-576-4377)
Any local competitor store located within a 20-mile radius of participating Fred Meyer locations.
Yes, they match all major online competitor's prices.
Fred Meyer is a chain of hypermart superstores that sells a wide variety of goods ranging from groceries to home electronics. Along with all these, it also serves with the facility to price match its products, in order to claim customer satisfaction.
We hope our guide answered all your questions and you are now ready to take full advantage of the price differences you find as well as price drops for items you already purchased. You can find your nearby stores of Fred Meyer for more information by clicking here or contact them at 1-800-576-4377.
If there is still something related to the topic of price match and adjustment at Fred Meyer that we did not yet cover, please let us know in the comments section below. Our team will do its best to find the appropriate solution for your problem and respond as soon as possible.
Happy 2021 shopping everyone!