Walmart is a huge platform for every customer shopping from there. Want to know about Walmart Price Match Policy then you are absolutely on the correct page. You can read further to know the detailed process of Walmart Price Match and Adjustment Policy.
About Walmart Price Match Guarantee
At Walmart, you will get the products at low prices every day, on every item. If you ever find a product at a lower price at a store other than then you can price match to get the partial refund. To do so, you may directly contact the Walmart Customer Service executive for the same.
There are also certain criteria which must fulfill if you want to price match. The most important rule for price match is the product must be identical to your order, and in-stock at the time of Price Match.
Walmart also provides a facility of Price adjustment using which you can get partial refunds. Walmart Price Adjustment is applicable in the following case; Suppose if you purchased an item from Walmart.com and its price reduced after it. In this case, you can go for a price adjustment, the difference in price will be provided as a refund to you.
if you recently bought something from Walmart.com and it is now listed at a lower price, you can ask for Price Adjustments as well.
Walmart Price Matching Competitors
Here are some sites that are eligible for price matching according to the Walmart Price Match Policy. As Walmart price matches with its competitors, so it has provided the list of retailers accepted for price match.
Academy, Amazon, Autozone, Babies R Us, Bass Pro Shop, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Cabela’s, Chewy, Dicks Sporting Goods, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Home Depot, JCPenney, Kmart, Kohl’s, Lowe’s, Michaels, New Egg, Office Depot, Oreilly Auto, Pep Boys, Petco, PetSmart, Sears, Sports Authority, Staples, Target, Toys R Us, and Walgreens
These are the online retailers with which Walmart Price Matches. If you find any difference in price for an identical product. You can Price Match the product and claim for the refund of the price difference.
This is what the Walmart Price Match Policy States about price matching with online competitors:
- The price match of walmart.com and online retailers will be done.
- You must provide the detail about the online competitor’s price and the name of the competitor as well.
- Walmart reserves all the rights to make a change in this policy, so where needed, Walmart may limit quantities to the typical retail purchase quantities. This also means, One price match per customer per day may be or household to excludes resellers and dealers.
Criteria For Price Match
There are various methods for purchasing the product. You get the discount will purchasing, or you purchase while the products are mentioned in the clearance.
Below mentioned ways almost cover every possibility that you can buy the product. Check yourself and start the process.
Product purchased as Pickup Discount
Walmart is now offering a partial refund on online products that you buy and ship to any Walmart store for pick up. The product that you purchased on “Cyber Monday” or “Black Friday” will not be Price Matched. But Price Adjustment is possible for the products.
The product price will not be confirmed until you place the order at walmart.com. In the case of a pricing error, your order may be canceled by walmart.com as per Walmart’s Pricing Terms & Conditions. Or it might happen that your purchased product gets refused due to pricing error.
You will be informed about the cancellations. You may also contact Walmart Customer Service Team if you have doubts regarding the price error in the product you purchase or the cancelation of your order.
You can also contact Customer Care before purchasing the product to know whether the product is eligible for a Price match or not.
Wondering if you can Price match Marketplace items. But you cannot price match the products purchased from Walmart Marketplace Retailers or any competitors Marketplace.
Walmart Price Match policy is also NOT applicable for purchase made from third-party sellers, or special membership program purchases.
Process For Price Match
After reading about the criteria for Price Match now learn about the process. The process for Walmart Price Match is easy to understand. The process is different for the products purchased via different platforms so for that you are given options to Price Match the products.
Exclusion: You cannot price match the products with the price provided by competitor merchants at the time of sale. This sale includes the discount offered while Cyber Monday, Black Friday, or any other clearance sale.
Walmart.com purchased to an online competitor
If you want to Price Match the product purchased online from the competitor website then you can:
- Contact walmart.com Customer Care before placing your order on walmart.com to know if that particular product is eligible for Price Match or not.
- The decision of the Customer Care Agent will be final, that is the product can be Price Matched or not.
In-store purchase to an Online price
The product purchased from the competitor’s store and price matched by the online price solely depends on the store Manager to decide whether the price match is possible or not for the product.
- Request the price match at the counter.
- The store manager will go through some eligibilities criteria and will decide to give you a refund or not the difference in the price.
Walmart Store Prices
walmart.com does not price match the product purchased from the store. However, If you find the in-store price lower than the product price on walmart.com then you can:
- Talk to the Store Associate about the price matching of the product that is on walmart.com.
- If the Store associate grants, you can start the further process.
- For more details scroll down to In-store Price Match Policy and Process.
Walmart In-Store Price Match
Walmart Price Match Guarantee is applicable to the store purchase as well. You can call it Price Adjustment.
Online prices may differ from the prices at the Walmart Stores. Some of the In-store products are priced more than Online and some are priced less.
UPDATED POLICY IN 2018
WALMART NO LONGER PRICE MATCH AT LOCAL STORES. Scan your product code to the savings App, and you can start the process.
Walmart has created an easy way for you to price match online, without any tough process to carry. Read the following to know more.
For Mobile Phones Users
According to the Walmart.com, the steps on how to use the SavingsCatcher is stated here:
- Create a walmart.com account or you must already be an existing user.
- Have access to use Savings Catcher.
- Click on “Add a Walmart Receipt” to scan the receipt of the product.
- If you are using Walmart Pay within the app, then choose to submit the scanned receipt once the transaction is complete. Or else you can start using it from now.
For Desktop Users
For the users who purchased the product using their desktop, here are the steps:
- Sign into walmart.com.
- Log in your account.
- Click on “Savings Catcher“.
- Or Else directly go to https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/
- Enter the receipt number and date of purchase.
Now both whichever you choose website or app will verify the price difference with the competitor’s stores nearest to the Walmart store. And you will receive the difference as a Savings Catcher eGift Card if the advertised price is lower from a local retailer.
Savings Catcher eGift Cards will be saved to your walmart.com account. You can use this card for Walmart.com or in-store.
Now no need of redeeming the rewards manually. Also, there no expiration date on the card so take your time to decide the product you want to buy.
The facility of transferring the rewards to a Bluebird card is discontinued by Walmart.
Walmart Price Adjustment Policy
Here you will learn about Walmart Price Adjustment Policy. Price Adjustment, sometimes also called price protection, states policy that allows customers to claim for a partial refund. Only when the price of the purchased product reduces in a given time frame.
Walmart Price Adjustment provides you 7 days to come up with the difference in price at Walmart store or walmart.com. The product that you take to Walmart whose price is reduced up to 7 days after the purchase date, Price Adjustment will be done for that product.
Reduction In the Price or Rollback
The merchandise is purchased from walmart.com that should not include the products sold from a third-party seller at walmart.com. If that product is listed at a lower price, and the same product is eligible to return, then it will be seen in an eligible return window.
To get the price adjustment done for your product, you should contact Walmart customer service executive regarding the same. Then after, visit the store with the product and the Original receipt to get your refund after the price adjustment.
Process For Price Adjustment
There is always a process to get any work done. Same ways Walmart has stated the process of Price Adjustment of your product. If you find the lower price of the identical product on Walmart you can follow this below-given process. And can get your partial refund.
Price adjustment is available on the product that is open and used or not. The only drawback is that the company offering price adjustments will not inform when prices drop and about this money-saving policy.
So now it is your responsibility to stay more cautious to receive any potential money back.
- As soon as you find the identical product at the lower price than yours on walmart.com.
- Check the eligibility of the product up there.
- Contact Customer Service Team to confirm the price adjustment of that particular product.
- No need to carry out the process manually, you can scan your Original receipt and provide it to walmart.com.
- For Walmart Price Adjustment In-stores purchases, all you have to do is inform the cashier at Walmart Store about the lower price of the product at walmart.com.
- The manager of the store will decide whether the product is eligible for Price Adjustment.
- You CANNOT price match items with the price of items during the 1 Hour Guarantee prices, Value of the Day, Clearance sale, Cyber Monday, Special Buy, and Black Friday.
Now that you are aware of the Walmart Price Match Guarantee Policy. You can go through the limitations of Walmart Price Match. This will help you understand the process of Price Matching.
Also, Walmart has the limitations for the number of the Price Match. That is Per customer can price one product only once.
- The product must be identical, that means, same in size, color, brand, quality, and model.
- Price Match is applicable to one product per customer per day.
- When you claim for Price Match the product must be available on both the website and must be in stock.
- Walmart stores will not price match with online competitors in the region of Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii.
- Prices that cannot be determined individually without the other items, e.g., fees, shipping charges, bundle offers, rebates, coupons, mail-in offers, offers that include financing.
There are some points that are not included in the Walmart Price Match Guarantee. Keep these points in mind to carry a hassle-free process.
- Products that are listed in clearance, liquidation, a special hour or other special event offers by the competitor
- Offers advertised as off. For eg., “15% off” or “$5 off”
- Damaged products, Used products or Refurbished products
- Price Errors
- Third-Party sellers and Marketplace
- Membership Offer on the product provided by membership clubs and auction sites.
- Auction Price for that similar product
- Rain-checks that is currently not in stock
- Discounts applied to the product in the checkout
- Prices that require a minimum quantity purchase that is after deducting all the rebates and discounts, if the price is the same
We hope now your Price Match process will be much easier. After reading this article all of the answers about Walmart Price Match Policy must have been resolved. You can now enjoy claiming your refunds.
There are some other companies as well for which we have given information about Price Match Policy. You can visit our site to explore more about the products you purchase and how you can claim the refunds for Price Match and Adjustment. We have also explained the Staples Price Match Policy.
If you have any doubt regarding the Walmart Price Match Policy, then ask us in the comment section. You are also welcome to give us suggestions and also you can share your experience with us.